Benefits of using BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth
100 % natural and safe organic media to control insects and parasite. Kills insects and pests mechanically and hence insects cannot develop immunity. No added harmful chemicals.
Mixing the grain with BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth dust is not generally necessary unless the grain is known to be already contaminated with insect eggs or it is intended to draw off from the silo in very small amounts over a long extended period. Initial egg contamination would be most unusual with grain that was freshly & correctly harvested and threshed. Normally it is sufficient to just place a layer of BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth Powder on top and bottom in the silo, the recommended procedure is as follows:
1. If mechanical sweeping of the silo walls is possible it is recommended that this be done prior to The Diatomaceous Earth treatment.
2. Dust the top walls of an empty silo with enough Diatomaceous Earth for it to flow down the Walls to the bottom. Remove this material which will probably contain grain residues that have suffered insect damage and may contain eggs.
3. Place a small plug of fresh BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth about 75 mm thick in the bottom of the silo.
4. Fill the silo with grain then place a layer of BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth at least 25 mm thick across the top of the grain.
5. The insects now have no way into the grain other than through a thick layer of BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth and this will provide an effective insect barrier.
6. When the silo is ready to be emptied most of the initial plug of BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth in the bottom can be removed separately from the grain.
7. BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth is much less dense than the grain so the layer on top of the grain in the silo will tend to remain on top of the grain. Provided the initial thickness of Diatomaceous
The recommended dose rate for BIO धान Diatomaceous Earth when admixed with grain is around 0.35% (i.e.3.5 kg /ton) in barley, buckwheat, corn, wheat, oats, rice, rye, sorghum and mixtures of these grains. It is most effective when grain is treated directly after harvest by coating the outside surface of the gain. This can be done by applying the powder at the elevator or auger when grain is being moved Into storage.